Permitting Procedures

Building Permits & Description

  • Single Family Home: New Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical
  • Swimming Pool Permit
  • Remodeling and Renovations: Permit required for all remodeling/renovations except floor tile, painting and carpet
  • Fences
  • Electrical Permits
  • Mechanical Permits
  • Plumbing Permits
  • Gas Permits (Natural and LPG)
  • Roofing Permits
  • Hurricane Shutters
  • Marine Construction
  • Docks, seawalls, piers.

Business Tax Receipts & Description

  • Home Occupation: Conducting business from your residence. Renewal is yearly (expires on September 30th of each year)
  • Commercial Business: Any business within the Town Limits is required to obtain a Business Tax Receipt. Renewal is yearly (expires on September 30th of each year)
  • Information Sheet
  • Amp Sound Permit: Must accompany a Commerical Business Tax Receipt application and renewed yearly with license.(formally Occupational Licenses)