The Patrol Division is responsible for the prevention and suppression of crime. They are generally the first contact that Citizens have with the Police Department. The division consists of sworn officers who answer calls for service and conduct self initiated activity.
The responsibilities of the Patrol Division include:
- Preservation of the public peace, protection of life and property, and prevention of crime.
- The preliminary investigation of all crimes.
- Enforcement of laws and town ordinances
- Traffic Enforcement and education
- Investigation of incidents relating to vehicular/pedestrian traffic to include motor vehicle collision investigations
- Community Policing
- Business and Residential Checks
- Assist other departments such as Fire Rescue and Code Enforcement
- Assisting the residents and visitors to the Town