Most Common Code Cases
- Recreational Vehicles – Parking of recreational vehicles (such as RV’s, boats, jet skis, trailers, campers, etc.) is limited to 72 hours per week for the purpose of cleaning, loading, unloading, etc. After such time expires, the vehicles must be parked in a garage, in the side yard behind the front-most part of the home from, or in the rear yard.
- Work Without a Permit – Most construction work will require a permit. (e.g., Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, Roof Work, Windows and Doors, Fences, Pavers, etc.). If you are unsure whether a permit is required for your work, please contact the Building Division before work begins to verify and avoid additional costs.
- Rentals – If you are offering your room or home to rent for any length of time, you are required to obtain a rental permit through the Town. Rentals in all single-family homes and most condominiums are limited to 28 consecutive days or longer.
- Maintenance of Right of Ways – If you own a home, you are required to maintain the strip of grass and/or vegetation between the sidewalk and the road. You must ensure that your vegetation is kept clear of the sidewalks, and that the sprinkler heads are not spraying over or onto the roadway.
- Watering Your Lawn – St. Johns River Water Management District has adopted water conservation rules that restrict watering to certain days throughout Volusia County. This allows everyone to water two times per week during the summer, and one time per week during the winter months. Make sure to only water during the allotted times.
- Property Maintenance Issues – Keep up the appearance of your home and lot in a neat and sightly manner. Do not allow fences or buildings to fall into disrepair.
- Corner Visibility – If you live on a corner lot, you must trim all vegetation back 25 feet from the corner along each property line and in the triangular area in between to maintain visibility for oncoming traffic and pedestrians. The maximum height of vegetation, fencing, and other objects within this area is three feet. Also, do not allow vegetation to block the sightlines around driveways for vehicles pulling out into the roadway, which may cause an accident.
- Inoperable Vehicles – No vehicle repairs are to be done outside of the garage. All tires should be in good shape and not flat, and valid tags should be affixed to the vehicle.
- Weeds and High Grass – All grass and weeds are to be maintained under 12 inches. Do not let your grass become a nuisance which can attract rats and other vermin and may also attract people who think the home is vacant.
- Disposal of Yard Trash – Make sure yard trash is bundled and no more than 4 feet long and no more than 20 pounds. If a contractor is doing the work, ensure that they remove the vegetation with them. Do not leave vegetation piled by the road when a major storm or hurricane is on the way and never cover storm drains.
David HookerCode Compliance ManagerPhone: 386-236-2187Additional Phone: cell 386-846-4210
Travis MinceyRental Housing InspectorPhone: 386-267-6676Additional Phone: cell 386-846-5926 (including Saturday)
Stanley BarnhartAdministrative AssistantPhone: 386-293-0032
Code EnforcementPhysical Address
4300 S Atlantic Avenue
Ponce Inlet, FL 32127
4300 S Atlantic Avenue Ponce Inlet FL 32127